Would a ragdoll be a good match for someone with anxiety?

I suffer from anxiety and I am looking for an affectionate kitten. A breed who loves to snuggle and be held.

Asked by Member 1200647 on Nov 21st 2013 in Breeds

Answers

You don't need to pay $600 for a breed for that; you can find the love at a local shelter! Most will let you spend time with the kitties that you see and give you a chance to interact. Some will be shy, but plenty will come up to you and say "You are my human! Hear me purr and take me home to love!" That is how I got my first cat Pookie as an adult... she picked me, and I'm happy for it every day! Love your new friend with Greenies dental treats as well, which clean teeth and freshen breath! Kittens love to scratch and play, so it would probably be better for you to get a fixed pet closer to one year of age who has calmed down and is more snuggle-ready. ^_^