Why won't my orphan kitten nurse?

I believe he is about 2 weeks old, tho it's hard for me to tell, and I bought the KMR and bottle and took the precautions, but he wont nurse. He meows a lot and wants to wobble everywhere. I just rescued him yesterday, what should I do?

Asked by Member 979403 on Apr 3rd 2010 Tagged food, kittens, nursing in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Call your vet. If you don't have one, find one now. A kitten cannot survive for more than one or two days without nourishment. Take him to am emergency clinic if you have to. If you don't have him checked out as soon as you can, he will die. Keep him warm and wrapped up wherever you take him, but take him somplace NOW!!!

Airel

Your beat bet is to call round to shelters and see if they have a nursing mom who can feed him . In the mean while you are going to have to force feed him . Just put the nipple in the mouth or squrit some of the milk on his mouth and nose where he has to lick . You are just going to have to get that milk in him anyway you can . You can also try a eyedropper to start if you have one . Remember if you do that to clean it with boiled water first just like you would with old baby bottles . Good luck and hope all goes well .

Airel answered on 4/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer