Why is my kitten vomiting?

I just got a pair of 6 week old kittens. One of them, the male, has been throwing up since the third day he's been home. I've had him for eight days now. He has been throwing up once a day. He'll be sleeping and then wakes up and throws up. It's devastating to see him do that. But other than that he's a happy kitty. Good appetite, playful, running around and causing trouble with his sister. If anything he's more aggressive than she is, though she is slightly bigger. Also he doesn't like to be picked up, but I think he's more of a loner than his sister. He can be hugged but meows, but it doesn't sound like an angry or hurt meow. I'm just curious to see if anyone else had experienced this. Hopefully we can get them both to the vet on Saturday.

Asked by Member 1231302 on Aug 10th 2014 in Health & Safety

Answers

If he has icky poop, there's a good chance that he has worms. If you are feeding them cow's milk- stop!! as they can't digest it and that will make them vomit. At this point they should be on wet kitten food with dry mixed in- let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. We like MaxCat Kitten because it's natural, made in the U.S. and doesn't contain any by-products or artificial ingredients. The vet will tell you when the kittens are ready for shots, and you should spay and neuter them before six months of age. ^_^