Mack

Why is my kitten sneezing?

So I got a new kitten a month ago and he's just starting sneezing the past few weeks ago. It started with one every couple days and now its more than that per day. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, his eyes aren't runny and his face is bright and clear. The other cat hasn't been sneezing so its not an extra amount of dust or anything.

Thanks so much!

Asked by Mack on Dec 28th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Because we aren't vets here, it's impossible to tell exactly why your cat is sneezing. But, if it's getting worse, he needs to go to the vet's. Actually, when you adopt a new cat, you should establish yourself (and him) with a vet as soon as you can. Shelters try to do the best they can with health concerns and such, but financial constraints and the sheer volume of cats they take in prevents them from giving the kind of care your kitty would get from his own vet. Even if this proves to be nothing, you really need to start a relationship with a vet to make sure your new baby lives a long, happy and healthy life.

Starbuck

I'm with Izzie....you really NEED to take your new kitty to a vet. Since you say your other cat isn't sneezing, I'm assuming you already have a vet. Take your new one to him/her and let the professional guide you. It could be nothing, but it could be "kennel cough" if you got your cat from a shelter or such, which is a respiratory infection and those have a nasty tendency to get bad.

Starbuck answered on 12/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer