why is my cat so obsessed with me?

she literally follows my every move.. she has a running water fountain, cat nip, tons of toys.. its really a sweet thing because she is so loving she just wants to rub all over me and paws at me everywhere but sometimes when im trying to get things done around the house it becomes a little annoying...i cant even use the restroom without her walking straight up to me and trying to sit on my lap and paw at my face

Asked by Member 1128264 on Aug 29th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

A lot of people complain that their cats are so aloof they don't see them until feeding time. You don't say how old your little "shadow" is, but if she was separated from mom too early, she has made you her mamacat. Izzie can also be a pain, especially when there's food involved. He's already stolen the deli turkey off my sandwiches twice! And, I NEVER use the restroom alone, even though I've assured my animals I'm not climbing out the window to abandon them. Simple solution, close the bathroom door! (But mine bark, meow and scratch at the door...) If your kitty is very young, she will most likely outgrow this obsessive attachment. Right now, she wants to be involved in every oh-so interesting thing "mom" does. You can also return that idolatry by playing with her in the evening with a few of the "tons of toys" she has.

Gizmo

Im having the same experience with our Kitten 5month old Gizmo, he definately believes im his mumma and is everywhere i go, sleeps on top of my head or around my neck everynight...he cries and moans and sctatches if he cant get in the same room as me, I absolutley love it....hahah im so used to our independant cats , quietly rasing thier head if i walk into a room but not really caring where i am or what im doing unless im opening some food,its nice to have a little shadow, enjoy it! I reccomend getting some high energy toys such as wands or a laser pointer...my partner uses the laser pointer to tire the little man out and he is usually so out of puff and having so much fun he leaves me alone . hope you are well

Gizmo answered on 9/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer