Kitty

why is my cat so angry with me??? :(

My cat has always been a really loveing cat. She wanted to be held every minute of the day. I didnt hold her that often beacause i was so busy with 7th grade school work. But now when i go to hold her she runs away, scratches (in a playful/angry manner), or once even hissed. Shes always had that 'i dont have to do anything you say' atitude, and shes always thought she was the queen of the house (bc i spoil her :)) but shes always loved being petted and held. how do i get my sweet lap cat back????? :(

Asked by Kitty on Apr 13th 2008 in Socialization

Best Answer

Cats love shcedules and ofte gets stressed out if it's changed at all.Reserve a 30 min time slot to spend with your cat daily. Play with her, offer her one or two treats, do things that she loves to do. If she is an indoor cat, your absense might have afftected her more. Cats who have a garden to patrol, or who live in large houses are less prone to get stressed, since they have other things to do. If you and your cat have been close, then you leaving will have stressed her out. She isn't angry at you, nor does she was revenge.

Another reason might be that she is sick. Check how many times she goes to the bathroom. Does she strain to defecate? HOw about when she urinates? (If she digs lots of little holes in her kitty litter and doesn't go, then it's very likely she is sick) If she hasn't gone too many times, then she might be constipated, or have hairballs stuck in her stomach. Also check how much she eats and how often. If there are any changes, consult with your vet ASAP.

answered on Apr 13th.

Answers

Tinker Bell 2003-2006

She is "getting back" at you. It should pass.

Tinker Bell 2003-2006 answered on 4/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi. First, you need to know that cats don't hold grudges against their owners. They live in the moment. I know this b/c I accidentally closed Ernie's tail in the door one time and in five minutes he was once again my best friend. If there has been a sudden change in your kitty's behavior, is it possible she's not feeling well? Has she been to the doctor's for a check-up lately? Keep an eye on her for changes in her eating and potty-behavior as well. Of course you should keep on playing with her whenever you have the time. Get some new toys for her. Always be the one who feeds her/gives her treats/brushes her. It's hard budgeting your time, I know, but I think you will both feel better.

Mysty (The Princess)

Beg for forgiveness-Mysty is still like that with me. I am a teacher and as soon as I went back to work she was mad at me. She is just starting to warm up.

Mysty (The Princess) answered on 4/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Boris

Izzy has it. She might be sick.

Another reason might be that there has been some big change other than you not having time for her that is making her upset. Did a new cat move into your household, or next door? Did a human move in or out of the house? Did you move to a different house? Any of these things might be making your cat insecure of who to trust.

Boris answered on 4/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

What a pretty cat you are! (But are you sure you only weigh 2 pounds???) Yes, first make sure that there aren't any health problems involved, and then think of any other possible causes, like change in routine or new cats in the neighborhood. I do think that cats can hold grudges--I've had cats act quite mad at me after coming back from vacation, for example--but they didn't hold their grudges for long (a few hours to a day). You don't say in your post how long this has been going on. If it's only for a little while, maybe she's just being moody. (We cats are known for that.) I assume Kitty has been spayed--if not, she could get moody because of hormone fluctuations. Personally, I'd take Kitty to the vet to rule out any health problems before trying to think of other reasons for why she might have changed.

cats need medium attention. you might be giving it to low attention. cats like to be the ruler of the house.