why is my cat having liquid pooh?

my roommate brought it home and told us that the cats mother had neglect them after birth and they had given it milk because the mother had not. Could this be the problem to why my kitten has runny pooh? If so how do i fix this problem.

Asked by Member 1062970 on Oct 12th 2011 in Health & Safety

Answers

Joey

It could be a lot of things - first of all - you should not give your kitty milk for human consumption - it is not digestible for kitties - go to PetCo or another pet store and buy Kitten Replacement Milk - this is all your kitten will need right now. Then see the vet - if your kitties diarrhea continues they can go downhill very fast from dehydration. See the vet - and get the Kitten Replacement Milk. Good luck with your new furbaby - give your kitty the best start you can!

Joey answered on 10/12/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Zape

Joey is right! Milk for human consumption isn’t good for kittens. You should feed them with kitten special formula (I don’t know any American formula, but in Brazil an important brand is Pet Milk). My brothers and I were neglected by our mommy and we have been feed with Pet Milk in a bottle for three weeks. In the first week we double our weight (we were undernourished when we were finding). It was great!!!

Diarrhea in kittens could be very serious and kitten could die fast. You should look for a vet so he/she could help you to figure out what is going on with the kitten. And look for a special kitten formula, because cow milk is indigested for kittens.

Zape answered on 10/13/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer