Why is my cat acting strange?

My cat is 10 now and this past week or so she has been acting very strange, not wanting to stay in for too long, not being settled at all, her behaviour reminds me of that when she had a litter 9 years ago but she was spayed once the kittens were weaned and homed, is she trying to tell me something? we have lived in this house for a year now and this behaviour is new.

Asked by Member 679466 on Aug 8th 2008 in Senior Pet

Answers

Any time a cat starts acting 'strange' a trip to the vet is in order. However, let me share a story. When I was doing cat rescue, we had a queen (many times over) who was also spayed. One day she began acting like your girl. Shortly after, a neighbor reported finding a nest of abandoned kittens nearby enough for this female to hear them crying. Even though they had to be fed because of course the spayed female couldn't nurse, she took care of the babies as if they were her own. I'm not sayiing this is what's going on and I would still take her to your vet to have her checked out, see if there isn't something outside she's reacting to.

Soxy

Cats can act strange when needing something / Feel asif there ready to pass away. My friend had a cat a couple of years ago that was acting strange for weeks then went away to pass away in peace. This behaviour is not unusual. But that might not be the problem... Your cat could be just feeling a little off colour / Sick. It would be highly advisable to take your cat to a vets and get him / her seen to by the professionals.
Mail me if you have any other concerns.
~ Soxy :)

Soxy answered on 8/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer