Maui

Why has my kitty started vomiting after rabies and the groomers?

It's been a month since my kitty went to the vet for her 1 year rabies and the groomers for a bath. Since then she has been vomiting twice in a day, 2-3 times a week. Other than occasional hissing and growling she is acting like normal. After researching possibilities I switched her food from dry to wet, but it continues to happen. She is a strictly indoor cat and is 5 years old.

Asked by Maui on Aug 30th 2013 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Try a 3/4 dry and 1/4 wet mix like healthy Natural Choice, because wet food cans are palatable but only have 1/3 the protein of dry cat food. She may be allergic to the chemicals that the groomer used, or a flea dip. Cats are pretty good at cleaning themselves and do not require regular groomer visits unless long haired or show cats. The diet switch, after her being nauseous from the shot, is why the vomiting has not ceased. Diets have to be weaned in gradually, and you have seen the results of when that does not occur. ^_^