Why dose my cat have bald spots above his eyes????

I have just noticed that my 2 yr old male cat has a bald spot above his eye. It is not the normal thining hair cats have above their eyes, it is a completely bald spot about the size of a dime. Its been a few days sence I noticed it and now one is forming in the same place on his other eye. I have no idea what could be causing this, as he is acting the same as he always has. Ive read other places that some cats loose hair when they are under stress. I got a kitten about a month ago, but he plays and sleeps with her, so I do not think that would be it. I would apreciate any advice! Thanks!!!

Asked by Member 666335 on Aug 4th 2008 Tagged bald, shedding, spot in Illness & Disease

Answers

Baby

does the kitten have any bald spots? are the bald spots crusty or scabby? are there crusty/scabby spots that have hair on either cat? if so, it could be ringworm. it could be the kitten is grooming your male over zealously, one of my cats does that to the other. could be that he is rubbing his face against something, if that is the case, you might investigate that. I would take him to the vet to rule out something like ringworm or some other similar problem. food allergies or other allergies should be ruled out too, as they would make him itchy and cause him to rub or groom his hair off..

Baby answered on 8/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer