Why does my male kitten keep peeing on my bed??!

Hi! I just got a 3 month old Ragdoll kitten. He is an adorable ball of fluff and I really am attached to him now. We have had him for a little more than a week. 4 days after we brought him home I took him to the vet to get his first vaccines and when we came back he peed on my lap when I was sitting on the couch. I thought maybe he was just stressed out from the vet appointment or something. So I cleaned the pee with a product for pet urine removal and washed the cushion.
I thought it was over and done with but the next morning my boyfriend woke up and Jinxy had peed on the bed!!! He headed downstairs to sleep on the couch but Jinxy had also peed on another cushion

Asked by Member 1136206 on Oct 17th 2012 Tagged bed, kitten, male, peeing in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

The best way to break a new kitten to the litter box is to keep it and it's food and water and litter box in a small room, like a bathroom. For some reason when you bring home a new kitten, they don't seem to use the box. If kept in a small room, they will use it. I would use the small room for about a week. Then start letting it out while you are home, until it adapts to new home and new environment. They realize that if they use the litter box, it does not smell as bad and they do not have to look at it. Don't think that this baby is doing this just to make you mad. If he's not neutered, you need to have that done as well as that makes spray-marking behaviors worse. Also, vets do not routinely check for urinary tract infections, and he may have one of those.