Why does my cat scratch my door at night?

I'm the only female in my family, apart from my mum and my cat Poppy is one of those cats who likes to have me as company rather than anyone else. During the day, she'll come sit on my lap but lately she's been constantly scratching my door at night trying to let herself in. When i let her in, she wont stop bothering me and i can't sleep but when i don't she just keeps scratching. I have another cat, Lilly, who she plays with a lot but she still wants my attention during the night. Any idea why she wants my attention during the night rather than the day?

Asked by Member 1208694 on Jan 10th 2014 in Scratching

Answers

Wild cats are instinctively nocturnal and sleep all day. To break your docile cat of this habit, put sticky paws tape on the bottom of your outside bedroom door and DO NOT let her in. Since you already have, it will probably take her about a month and a half to break the habit, but you both can do it. Just completely ignore her and wear earplugs for the time being if you need to... she just likes you, which is fine unless you can't sleep. ^_^