why does my cat run away from me?

i have had my kitten for a year now. when he come home today i picked him up n he growled really loud and ran off. he come back into my garden so i picked him up again to see if he was ok, once again he growled. he ran upstairs and hid under my bed. everytime i touch him he growls and hisses. im worried about him, any advice about how to help him. i hope his ok, his never normally like this. thankyou x

Asked by Member 998024 on Jul 23rd 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

If your cat is an outside cat, he may have been injured in a fight or somplace else. He may be hurting inside and doesn't want you to touch him. If he is not neutered, male cats can be very aggressive with only one thing on their minds--to mate. They often aren't very cuddly. Also, if he has never been to the vets and had his vaccinations, he may have picked up something from the outside or another cat. If this is a sudden change in his behavior, you need to take him to the vet's to have him checked out. It's the only way to find out what's wrong...