baby&titan

why does my cat roll on his back and give that cute grunt when i walk by?

my cats roll on there back when i walk by, put there paws in the air and give a cute grunt.. why do they do this? i always pet them when they do it.. just wondering why they do it..

Asked by baby&titan on May 27th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

My cats do the same thing. Lizzie loves to have her tummy rubbed, but Izzie will more than likely scratch and claw if you try unless he is feeling particularly mellow. This is your cats' way of showing that they know that you are the "head honch" of the family and they respect you. They are exposing the most vulnerable part of their anatomy, their stomach, lungs and heart, meaning that they trust you not to attack them. It's a sign from them of respect and love. Congrats!