Tanner

Why does my cat like to climb on top of me and sleep while we're in bed?

My cat will wake up in the middle of the night and climb on top of my shoulder and go to sleep. If I roll over he just climbs back on my other side. Why does he do this?

Asked by Tanner on Feb 7th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

My son's cat, Cole, is the same way. No matter what position you sleep in, Cole is laying on you "topside". We figured it could be for 2 reasons. Either he doesn't want to take a chance on getting rolled over on and smooshed during the night and also because Cole considers himself a "watch cat" and wants to be aware of any intruders who may come into the bedroom at night. Tanner could think the same way. My Izzie, on the other hand is not particular. He will curl up next to the first warm body he comes to on my bed whether it's me or one of the dogs. He only goes "north" when it's almost time to get up and his Fancy Feast Alarm goes off. Then he sits on my pillow and taps me on the head.

Bowski

He's being affectionate. :) Sounds like a cuddle to me. It's a compliment.

Bowski answered on 2/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer