why does my cat chew on cardboard

Asked by Member 525600 on Nov 4th 2007 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Some cats just like the texture of certain materials. Cardboard is very popular!

In your case, your cat likes to chew the cardboard!

Unless she seems to be tearing off large, chokable chunks of cardboard, I wouldn't be concerned about it. But be sure to offer her plenty of different, cat-safe toys that she can enjoy and play with. Keep her active and healthy so she won't become destructive or unhappy.

Princess Pennelope Prudence Fa

My sisfurs and I use to do this. It was great fun as we would build a 'nest' out of paper and carboard and sleep in it! It is something to do and kitty will probably get bored with it after awhile. If you are worried, ensure there are lots of other things to play with and chew on!

Princess Pennelope Prudence Fa answered on 11/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer