Why does my cat bite me me randomly, I don't rile her up. She also chews on my head when I sleep and chews my hair.

My 1 year old cat like to bite me (not hard) For no reason at all, I am sitting there and she bites my hand or leg. I don't really know why she does this. She also like to chew on my hair and sometimes when I'm laying on my side in the morning she bites my head and tries to chew on it.. Luckily I have a lot of hair so it doesn't hurt me so i brush her off and I scold her. I don't fully understand why she behaves like this.

Asked by Member 1125380 on Aug 12th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

She is still a kitten and still exploring and discovering her world. However, biting should not be tolerated. Some cats are more "oral" than others and need to mouth everything in their path. I'm sure you've gotten her lots of toys, but play WITH her with the toys. When she does play, praise her profusely. When she bites, keep scolding her and saying "no bite!" Izzie play bites, too, and when he does, he gets left alone, kicked off my lap and scolded (but never hit). She could also be teething which will cause her to chew/bite. If you feed her all wet (soft) food, you may want to try introducing hard food or those "Greenies" made for cats.