why does my cat always want to get in my bathtub n perfer to drink the water from the tub than the fossit

Asked by Member 1126440 on Aug 19th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Are you providing a bowl of fresh water for your cat? Some cats are fascinated with running water; others hate it! My cat is six (6) years old and suddenly has become very interested with the kitchen faucet. She lays on the countertop and waits for a drip. She then smacks the drip, but doesn't try to drink it. It's become some little game with her, particularly at night before bedtime. I would provide one or two bowls of water around the house for your cat. A pet water fountain may even be better, as it will entice your cat to drink from the fountain and maybe not be jumping into the bathtub. It sounds as though your kitty is just being a kitty - very inquisitive!