Why does my 4 month male kitten (Fuzzy) bites and chews so much? He likes to bite and chew on my hand and he needs to cu

Asked by Member 1027870 on Mar 25th 2011 in Kittens

Answers

I'm not positive what a kitten's teething schedule is, but it's possible that he's got loose teeth. You won't seen them because they're tiny and they either swallow them or they wind up almost invisible on your floor. If you play with Fuzzy with your hands, making him "stalk" your hands (or feet) under a towel or blanket, etc., this is one reason why he does it. If you tolerate it, he thinks it's OK. Everyone who comes in contact with Fuzzy should use only hands-off toys to play w/him such as those fishing pole feather toys, lasers (be careful not to shine it in his face), furry throw/fetch mice, etc. When he does bite, tell him "NO BITE" and either put him off your lap or get up and walk away. Mama cats hiss at their babies when they bite. Do not hit him or shriek at him. Distract him with a toy and praise him when he plays with it. Since you are his mamacat now, it's up to you to teach him right from wrong and positive reinforcement always works better than negative.

Saffy

I agree with the previous post. Don't think that your kitten hates you, biting is just one of the things kittens do. Saffy loves to bite and chew on my hand, too.

Saffy answered on 3/26/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer