Why does my 3 year old cat reject her 7 month old kittens or when they want to be affectionate to the mother cat

the mother cat knicks her babies on their heads, or she Hits them.

Why does she do these things???

Please let me know, I feel So-ooo
Sorry for the kitties when she does these things to them, but I don't know WHY!!

Asked by Member 920271 on Jun 2nd 2010 in Cats & Kids

Answers

If your kittens are 7 months old, they are being viewed as rivals by the mother cat, especially if she is not spayed. Once the kittens are weaned, the mother cat is pretty much done with them, and if not spayed, she is ready to mate again. If you have her spayed, she will become less aggressive. You also need to have the kittens spayed or neutered as cats have no morals and sons will mate with mothers.

Once a kitten is weaned, there is no bond that we as humans have about our children. Another thing may just be that is how they interact and it sounds like the mother cat is the dominant one in the house and she is keeping them in check. Don't feel sorry for the kittens as this is actually how cats are. I assure you that she is not physically or mentally hurting them.

Chibi regularly hisses and swipes at her kittens, born last August. She's intact, because she's a breeding queen. The boys have all been neutered just to be safe.

Chibi answered on 6/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mini

in moms eyes they can fend 4 them self! we were feed 3 week old kittens they r weaned now! if any 1 is wanting a kitten look me up!

Mini answered on 6/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer