why all of a sudden is my cat acting crazy when i touch his lower back by his tale.

he'll let me touch it and he doesnt meow or run away he just starts licking and biting what ever he's sitting on. it's not on the side only on top off his back about 4" and closer to his tale.

Asked by Member 1150873 on Jan 19th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

That is one of the most sensitive parts of a cat's anatomy, Female cats have something we call "elevator butt". When you touch them back there, they'll stick their hind ends up in the air. It's a natural reaction, kind of like scratching a dog's ears. If you notice he's getting more sensitive back there as time goes on, it might not be a bad idea to check with your vet. And if he's not neutered, have that done as well.

I am sorry, I don't have an answer, but am experiencing the same thing with my male orange tabby. I can't get him to a vet as he is impossible to get into a carrier...he is about 20lbs. and very strong..two of us have tried, but can't get him in. I will NOT do the pillow case method..so if we get an answer I would appreciate it.