What should I feed my 3-4 month old kitten? What should he drink?

I dont know what to give my 3-4 month old kitten as a drink or food.

Asked by Member 646365 on Jun 24th 2008 Tagged foodanddrink in Pet Food

Best Answer

Ewok

As a rule of thumb, kittens are more active and therefore require more calories. A good dry food, like Royal Canin, should be left out all day for your kitten to feast on. You should also provide fresh water, the water bowl should be cleaned out twice a day and fresh water provided. I use filtered water beacuse I don't want to drink chemical filled tap water and neither do my kitties. If you think your kitten is a little small for his/her size then you can also mix KMR formula with the wet food. Wet food can be given to kittens twice a day. Leave the plate out for 15-20 minutes then take it away (usually it is gone before then). Once your kitten is an older teenager to adult, then only feed twice a day for 20 minutes. It will take time to adjust to the new feeding schedule, but it is best to do it this way.

Ewok answered on Jun 25th.

Answers

Bella (In Loving Memory)

Always leave your kitten plenty of fresh, clear water. You can go to any pet store and buy dry kitten food which will be very good for his/her adult teeth this should be coming in right now!

Bella (In Loving Memory) answered on 6/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I used Royal Canin kitten formula.

www.royalcanin.us

This food is available at PetSmart.

Provide fresh water every day. I have a fresh water disk on every level on the house.

Wet food is also important, but it can be difficult to find one a cat will like. You will need to experiment until you find one your cat will eat.

Make sure he has plenty of fresh water and a good dry kitten food that he can pick at during the day.

Everybody is right. He should be on kitten food for at least one year. You can also give him a little treat now and then and give him some kitten canned food.

alfie & lilly

hi where alfie and lilly and we are 11 wks old,mummy feeds us on felix pouches,(she thought she bought the kitten one but its for adults but we still love it and it doesnt upset our stomachs.she also tops our breakfast up once a day with iams.and in the day she gives us lovley kitten milk its nice and creamy.and when we have had that we have some fresh water and a fresh lot again for the night as thats when we run around alot.
also we have whiskers biscuits its good to give us cats abit of both and helps with our digestive systerm.

adult food is fine.....there wasnt any of this kitten food years ago and kittens where fine,mummy doesnt give us cows milk though.
we are a spoilt pair.x

alfie & lilly answered on 6/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Angel

My vet recommended a good quality dry kitten food such as James Wellbeloved, Purina Pro-plan or Hills Science plan. I have started using the James Wellbeloved as it is naturally hypoallergenic, has omega 3 oils for a healthy coat and has a higher concentration of meat than most branded wet foods. My vet told me that some wet foods can be upto 60% water, which can cause digestion problems. Whiskas Kitten Pouches, that I am currently using, only contains 4% meat protein, where as James Wellbeloved has 32% They are having a promotion on www.pet-supermarket.co.uk where you can get 2kg for £5.99. 2 kgs will last a kitten a very long time. I am slowly changing Angel over from Whiskas Kitten Pouches to the James Wellbeloved by mixing in a few of the kibbles to each meal and will gradually increase the ration of kibble to wet food over a few weeks so as not to upset Angels tummy. As for drink, fresh water should be available 24hrs a day and maybe kitten milk at mealtimes. Never give cows milk.

Angel answered on 6/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer