What kind of bug is reddish brown crawls very fast,and is around the head and tummy area?This is on my cat

Asked by Member 1062320 on Oct 9th 2011 in Health & Safety

Answers

It is probably fleas. They are best known for hopping but scurry around quickly in the fur while they are on an animal. If they are on your pet they are probably also in the house.

Thd best way to treat them is to get flea control for your cat and apply it regularly. Frontline, Advantage and Revolution are good ones and you can get them from the vet, pet stores or your local SPCA. Avoid using the cheap ones as they can sometimes cause side effects/serious illness.

You'll also want to kill thd fleas in the house. I used a spray called DeFlea which worked really well when I had a flea infestation a few years ago. I just had to spray around the edges of the rooms, pet beds and furniture and it killed all the fleas and eggs.

Desdimona

I agree. I believe it is a flea.The other answer will work, but also another way to help is to use no-toxic flea spray and to brush it with a flea comb daily. Keep a bowl/cup of soapy water nearby and when you get one quickly take it out, hold it tight, and plop! The flea will be dead in afew min. fleas can't swim so you dont have to worry about it excaping.

Desdimona answered on 11/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer