What is the best thing to feed an 8 week old kitten?

My neighbor found a kitten and b rought it to me. I have a 16 year old cat but I am not sure if I should be giving the kitten the same food. I tried giving it a little Fancy Feast Chicken and Liver canned food, but it only ate a small bite. I also have Science Diet dry food but it is for an adult cat.

Asked by Member 766234 on Nov 11th 2008 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

The first thing you need to do is take the kitten to your vet to make sure that it has no health issues that would affect its appetite. Since you have an older cat, you want to make sure that it's OK to put these two guys together without worry that the young one will pass something on to the older one. Even if the baby just has fleas, you should find out from your vet what you can use on it. Fleas can make your older guy miserable. Then, while you're there, ask your vet what you should be feeding the baby. More than likely, he'll recommend kitten food, dry and/or wet. The baby should be on this for his first year of life.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Nov 11th.

There Are No Other Answers