Rex

what cat is a great hunting skills, active, intelligent, clever, sweet, loving, brave,and outgoing cat

great hunter skills in them, jumping, very intelligent cat will be great for my cousin he wants a american short hair but his mother my aunt what that type of breed cat that has those abilities. any ideas of what cat has that. he dosent care but she the one who wears the pants in the house. he loves american short hair cat sliver coat or orange color but h wants to make sure what breed of cat is the best with those abilities a pure breed of cat that they can buy or adopt.

Asked by Rex on Apr 23rd 2013 in Breeds

Answers

I've heard that purebred American Short Hairs are not that common. Is your aunt prepared to spend hundreds of dollars on a cat it sounds like she plans to make into an outdoor cat? A lot of people believe that cats should have access to the outdoors, but nowadays, as I've told you before, the outdoors is MUCH more dangerous than it used to be, especially if they live near a busy road or area that may contain coyotes which are becoming very common. Although some breeds have the reputation of being good hunters, high jumpers and very intelligent, there are exceptions to every breed. The qualities that make a 'good' cat are socialized into a cat with love, proper health care and nutrition(if it eats a poisoned mouse, it could die as well). It can't be adopted and then tossed out to fend for itself, hunting and climbing to avoid predators. It has to be a part of the family. Tell them to go to a reputable shelter and ask the staff for help, Many do have purebred owner surrenders now.