loki

what breeds of domestic cats walk like the big cats? especially thru the shoulders

i watch my cat walk thru the yard she looks like a lion walking . that proud walk they have purposeful her walk is different than most cats i have observed

Asked by loki on Apr 15th 2009 in Breeds

Answers

I can't answer as to which breed tends to walk like a lion; I imagine that crosses between domestic and wild cats may have that trait. As for regular moggies, it probably depends on the individual cat rather than what breeds it may carry in its bloodline. For the record, it's hard to tell with only one photograph, but Loki looks like she may be part Norwegian Forest Cat--small, wide-set ears, obliquely set almond-shaped eyes, and a fringe of fur that hides her neck in a way that is subtly different from Maine Coons. But I've never heard of walking like a lion being a NFC trait.

Izzie is a Maine Coon mix and when he's parading around the house, he walks just like one of the "big cats". I think it's more in attitude than breed, and Izzie certainly has enough of that!

Philbert

I agree with Izzie, it's probably more of her state of mine and attitude at the moment. that she feels good and proud and is this walking with this gate. when my kitties are stalking each other and getting ready to pounce, they remind me so much of big cats in a little package.

Philbert answered on 4/16/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer