What are these small, worm-like things with legs I keep finding on my cat's bedding?

I know they're not tapeworm segments, nor are they flea larvae. They have several legs--at least six--and more closely resemble tiny centipedes than worms. They're only found on places he sleeps frequently, as near as I can tell. What could they be, and where might they come from?

Asked by Member 966390 on Aug 9th 2010 Tagged woms, bedding in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

We aren't entomologists, so it's difficult to tell if it's him who's infested or his bedding. If he's an outdoor kitty, he may be bringing them in. The only one who can tell for sure is his vet. Pick up a few of these things, and along with a stool sample of his, bring them into his vet's. Stool checks aren't expensive. There are other parasitic infestations that cats get than tapeworms, and he may need to be treated for one of these. By virtue of the fact that you've found them around him, you need to consult with your vet. Parasites are nothing to ignore or self-treat. If he does have an infestation, it could spread to his organs and eventually be fatal.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Aug 10th.

There Are No Other Answers