Taki

what am I to do?

I am homeless and my cat only likes me... my sister put up with him for a while but her landlord told her she had to get rid of him... i do not know what to do .. i cant have him with me at my moms cause she is seriously allergic to cats... he is pretty much hostile to anyone but me... i don't know what to do..he is most likely unadoptable and i have very little money. Do you know of anything i can do?

Asked by Taki on Jan 14th 2012 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

CARLOS

sometimes animal rescues or shelters will take him til you can find a home for the both of you,they would probably make you sign something you are responsible for him and you will come back to claim him. Or maybe a friend will take him, if he doesnt like other people thats fine, he will adapt and in time you two will be together again.

CARLOS answered on 1/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Buddy or Blackie

You poor thing- Maybe you can try putting an ad up on craigslist. I am currently looking for a home for a stray I adopted. I wish I could help you. I have over-extended myself with 3 cats already. I hope something comes through for you. I'll keep you and your kitty in my prayers. Are you anywhere near the Las Palmas Apartments on Paradise Road? That's where I live maybe we can work on this together. I don't drive. I could help you get an ad on craigslist. Take some pictures of him. He's not un-adoptable- I call it rough around the edges. There's someone out there for everybody. Be honest,but not detrimental.

Buddy or Blackie answered on 1/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Orange Ruffy

I don't know where you live, but sometimes there are rescues that will work with situations such as this. A rescue/no kill I used to work for employed a person in the office and allowed her cats to live there so they could be togethter til she got back on her feet. Somtimes it's best you go in in person and speak with them...ask to see the Director of Development at the no kill shelters, or the person who's in charge of special projects.

Also, you may be able to speak to a vet clinic and exchange volunteer work (cleaning is ususally always needed!) for temporary boarding.

Contact every rescue you can...all of them...google them, and explain your situation. there is always hope, don't give up. In NY there is a program that works with vets to board for very little money...there may be something like this in other places to. Love and light to you.

Orange Ruffy answered on 1/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer