Weird behaviour

Hope someone can help. We have a lovely male cat called buster he is so friendly and loves cuddles, he is playful and caring everything you could want from a pet, however the last few days when he has been let outside he has been really sketchy about coming back inside, can't even tempt him in with food or treats. Any sudden noise and he jumps out of his skin. We literally have to send our 6yr old son into the garden to get him or he won't come in, once in he will literally try to find a place to hide. After making him have lots of cuddles and strokes he goes back to being happy and content in our home. I am just worried as to why he would act like this when it is completely out of his character, I am wondering if someone is being horrible to him, would this make him sketchy towards us, like I said after he has been in for half hour or so he is back to normal but I am just really concerned about it

Asked by Member 1199021 on Nov 12th 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

It sounds like a little PTSD from something that happened inside, perhaps with children. See previous answer to first posting and keep him inside for awhile, use calming pheromones if that will help, and give him a chance to chill. If he doesn't want to come in, don't force him, and supervise your kids and their playmates when animals are around them. ^_^