We have a 20 yr old cat with a cancer under his tongue and would like to know how/what to feed him that's easy to eat?

Asked by Member 1150523 on Jan 17th 2013 Tagged food, chew, minced, cancer, tongue, eating in Cancer

Answers

I'm so sorry. Because a change in diet can cause digestive upsets, especially if your sweet guy is on medications or treatments for the cancer, I wouldn't suggest feeding him anything but what he's used to. When my Golden Retriever had a condition called "megaesophagus" which prevented food from passing into her stomach, I ground everything up in a blender or food processor. I mixed it with broth into a very thin liquid. If his mouth is painful to him, you may want to try spoon feeding him. I wonder if you couldn't ask at your local pharmacy for a large eye-drooper and use this to feed him. Your vet is always the last word on what and how to feed him and can provide visual demonstrations. We send our prayers and many purrs for your guy and you.