Very Talkative Kitten

I have a kitten that is about 15 weeks old who i adopted when she was 10 weeks. She's always been very talkative, letting me know when she's hungry, when she wants my attention and that she doesn't like being confined. Lately she will be cuddling with me and just meow, she has food and water, a clean litter box and everything and I'm not quite sure why she does this. Is it normal?

Asked by Member 1119474 on Aug 26th 2012 Tagged vocal in Behavior & Training

Answers

Assuming that your kitten has been to the vet for vaccinations, exam and spaying and has checked out OK, yes, this is perfectly normal. Cats are like people in that respect. Some cats are shy and quiet and only "speak" when they need to. Other cats, like Izzie and Lizzie, have comments for every occasion from looking for each other or Delilah or reminding me when it's time for their wet food treats. Izzie always annouces himself when he enters a room. If my dog barks at him, he'll meow at her. Your baby is perfectly "normal" if you can describe ANY cat as being normal! 8o)