Chloe

UTI on a 2 year old female and issues not using the litterbox.

Just adopted a kitty, came down with a uti. Took her to the vet and she was put on anitbiotics. UTI went away, came back within a week. She is being given more antibiotics. The issue is, that during the first uti, she didn't like using the litterbox (rough on her bottom), and peed on blankets, sheet etc. When it cleared up she went back to using the litterbox. With the secondary, went back to peeing on blankets, etc. I don't want my other cats to start thinking they don't need to use the litterbox. Looking for suggestions. I am cleaning up as quickly as I find things. Has anyone had this problem? I think she is a kitty who will be prone to these. Will I need to retrain her after we clear this up? If so, suggestions?

Asked by Chloe on Jul 29th 2013 Tagged uti, litterbox, peeing in Health & Wellness

Answers

Dr. Elsey's makes a cat litter attractant that you can add to your litterboxes and makes cats want to go there. He also makes a guaranteed use kitten training litter that you can use after the UTI goes away for your problem pee-er. Ask your vet if any prescription foods will help her urinary issues- mine haver been eating Purina UR for Urinary for 5 years! ^_^