Urinating in bed?

I have a three year old mix, mostly Siamese/Rag Doll, who pees on my bed almost every day. Not at night but in the day time. I've even switched beds thinking the previous cat scent was the cause but she hasn't stopped. I'm honestly at a breaking point.

I adopted her a few weeks ago.
She is an indoor cat, has full house access, is fine with the dogs, stays in my room at night and I'm so done. Can anyone help before my mom makes me take her back?

Asked by Member 1150925 on Jan 20th 2013 Tagged help, urinating, adopted in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Cats will not use the box for a few main reasons. One is a health issue. She needs to be checked for a urinary tract infection and that means going to the vet. Your mom may complain about taking her, but you should have a vet on board. If it's an infection and an antibiotic will clear it up and she stops peeing on the bed, the trip is worth it. If your mom was not "on board" with you getting a cat, you can be sure the cat is picking up on your mom's negative feelings. Stress can cause inappropriate peeing. If the scent of her urine has penetrated the mattress, you'll need a new one. There's no way you can get the scent out and she'll keep peeing there. You can also try putting a litter box in your room. Not exactly "fine decor", but it may help if she can get to one in a hurry. Keep the boxes super-clean. And when you take her to the vet, ask them for their advice.