In Memory Of Nila P

Still Blue Eyes?

MY cousin's friend's neighborer's cat got pregnant when someone broke into the house and she got out through the window. She had three kittens, and I was over there two days after they were born. Two were both solid slivery gray and one was born slivery gray and white with slightly darker points ( ears, nose, feet, and tail).

I was over there again last night, The kittens are now around 3 1/2 months old. The two solid kittens eyes have changed to a cooper color, but the pointed kitten - whose points have become real dark gray - eyes are still blue. Mom's eyes are a light amber.

I have always thought that it took two blue eyed cat parents to make blue eyed kittens, and that pointed kittens were always born solid white and the points came in over time.

Either I have never known what I have been talking about, or this kitten has defied genetics?

If had the monetary means to do this kitten right, I would have taken him home ~ LOL!

Asked by In Memory Of Nila P on Aug 1st 2013 Tagged blueeyes, pointed in Other Kittens

Answers

Blue eyes are a recessive gene, so both parents need to possess the recessive trait in order for the gene to become dominant in any of their offspring. Cheers ^_^