Miss Kitty

Silly question????

This is the first time for me to own a female kitten who is now growing up. I think that she is in heat now as she is displaying odd behaviors that is new for her. I do plan on getting her spayed now after her first cycle as I do not want kittens, so how long will this cycle last and how ofter will she have her cycles? I know silly question from a first time cat owner.... lol

Asked by Miss Kitty on Jan 4th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

There are no such things as silly questions when one is asking after the health of one's furkid. I suggest that if you think she's about to go into heat, have her spayed NOW!! I've seen female cats in heat chew and claw through drywall and windowscreens to get out to mate. That becomes the focus of their whole existence. And, females will continue to come into heat every few weeks until they become pregnant. An unwanted litter is a stressful and can be a heartbreaking experience. Please call your vet and make an appointment for her to be spayed as soon as you can.