Should I risk adopting kittens when I live in a building that might not allow pets?

A few years ago, I bought a condo that I moved into last month. I was young and not-so-forward-thinking when I bought it, so I didn't think to ask if the building allows pets. When I moved in, I was given a list of rules for the building, which said that pets aren't allowed in the premises. While it did not specifically state that residents can't own pets, it makes me feel uneasy just the same. My kitty of 14 years just died last September, and I'm getting lonely. I was planning on adopting a new feline companion as soon as I've settled in.

Recently, a friend offered to let me adopt 2 feral kittens living in his garage (he can't keep them because he's already taking care of their mom and aunt). Should risk adopting them? It'd be fairly easy to sneak them in, and due to the thick walls & low foot traffic of my unit's location, there's a tiny-to-no chance I'll get caught.

If I do get caught, they can live at my parents' house nearby - but I'd really rather not let that happen.

Asked by Member 1174812 on Jun 10th 2013 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

As long as you have a back-up plan that's okayed by your folks, it's time to live dangerously !!?!! I've lived with three cats in a place where they only allowed two, and nobody noticed. However, there were no condo commandos checking my windows for feline activity either. Welcome to the dark side... "we have cookies". ^_^