Should I go with Cat Chow Naturals or Purina ONE SmartBlend Indoor Advantage dry food? Those are my only two choices.

Cat Chow Naturals ingredients:
Chicken meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, brewers rice, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), corn meal, chicken, salmon, powdered cellulose, ground whole wheat

Purina ONE SmartBlend Indoor Advantage ingredients:
Turkey, brewers rice, corn gluten meal, poultry by-product meal, soybean meal, whole grain corn, fish meal, dried yeast, powdered cellulose, soy protein isolate

Those are my only two choices, please no suggesting others

Asked by Member 1101737 on Mar 23rd 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

Why are these your only choices?

If faced with only those 2, I would probably go with the Purina One because it starts with actual meat (turkey) and not chicken meal as the first ingredient. But then it goes on and includes poultry by product meal 4th which is basically garbage. So hard to say one is any better than the other based on ingredients. However, if your cat has a preference for chicken vs turkey then that would be a deciding factor. My biggest issue with the Cat Chow Naturals is the deceptive use of the word "natural" in a product that is far from being natural at all. So no chance you might change your mind, huh? Has to be one of those 2? I get it if the holistic pet store type foods are not in the budget. But Purina Pro Plan Indoor Care is a much better product than either of those and it's not terribly expensive.

Percy

Neither, Purina is one of the worst! Why on earth is that your only choice? Well, healthy naturals is probably equal to beneful (for dogs), which is food with dyes to make it look like it is vegetables. Stay away from that. Please reconsider. My cats hate purina and won't eat it. It also makes their coat dull. I will not recommend any food, out of respect for your request, but lord knows I really want to.

Percy answered on 4/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer