Should I adopt a cat who reminds me of a former one that has passed on?

Asked by Member 1121446 on Jul 24th 2012 Tagged grieving, adopting in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

princess

Hi! First off i would like to say im sorry for your cat :( The answer really depends on you. Some people find it comforting to have a cat that looks like oe that has passed on. But some owners dont like the reminder of a cat that passed its just to sad. This question really can not be aanswered by anyone except you. I hope i helped!

princess answered on 7/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Batfink

Im sorry you lost your kitty, to be honest when Batfink came to live with us he reminded me of a childhood cat, i didnt find it upsetting,and hes grown into his own character, as every cat is different you will never meet another like the kitty you lost :( I've found having a cat (or three) around to be rather theraputic,its really up to you. hope you are well.let us know what you decide. xx

Batfink answered on 7/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If it makes you happy, I don't see why not!