Nibs ~*~Rainbow Bridge~*~

shaving a kitty's nether region?

i know i have been asking alot of questions, but you guys are amazing with the help you give :) now onto my question, Nibs is paralyzed in his back legs and we have to bathe him regularly. when he goes to the vet they groom him and shave him "down below". he seems much happier after they shave him and he is much easier to clean when he needs his diaper changed. we tried shaving him at home but he freaks out too much and we can't shave him. my question is, are there any shavers out there that he won't freak out with? i think its the noise that freaks him out but im not 100% sure. any suggestions would be great!

Asked by Nibs ~*~Rainbow Bridge~*~ on Mar 27th 2009 Tagged shaving, grooming, paralyzed, scared in Products & Tools

Answers

Bless you for caring so much about this sweet baby. Not everyone would do what you are doing for him. You restore my faith in animal rescue! I did some searching and found what they say are "whisper-quiet" pet clippers. They are Oster "Adjust-a-groom" pet clippers and I found them on www.pet-discount-supply.com for $59.99. Thanks again for being such a good person and animal lover!

Tabby

Izzie's mom.. thanks for the fantastic website. It has so many affordable toys and other items which might cost a fortune in stores!
And Nib's mom, I cannot say it often enough, it is because of people like u the world is still a better place to live in!.. He definitely has the cutest face cannot believe they were abt to put him down!! I checked the site Izzie's mom suggested and I found another one .. much cheaper and smaller to help you with hard to reach places.OSTER MINIMAX TRIMMER
as the website says" Powerful, lightweight, quiet palm-sized trimmer for professional results"Ergonomic design ,Soft-touch grip
Small and lightweight ,Easy to maneuver - less than 4 inches long,Great for small, hard-to-reach places,Finger Ring provides secure grip for left or right handed use and a convenient hanger.Single handed, easy on/off switch.Includes 5 combs attachments - leaves hair from 1/16" to 1/2".Detachable blade system features a narrow blade for precise trimming.Check it out.

Tabby answered on 3/27/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer