Sammy

sammys peeing on my clothes, recliner and carpet is this because she is protecting her territory?

there is a neighborhood kitty that comes around and they "fight" though the glass door. how do i stop the neighborhood kitty from coming around?

thanks

sammy has been to the vet and everything is fine.

Asked by Sammy on Jul 5th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I think you are right, it could be the other cat outside who is trying to fight with her through the glass door, this has her upset, she is probably peeing for this reason to let the other cat know this is her place. Does it only happen at night, that the other cat comes around? If so, maybe you could put Sammy up in a bathroom at night, put a little cozy bed and her litter box in there, then she can't get upset by this intruder cat. I would probably try to run the other cat off, shoo it away, that might take care of the problem if you try to do that, it may not come back. You HAVE to get the pee smell out of everything she has peed on, the recliner, etc. I use white vinegar, water, and baking soda, works well to get the smell out, or Nature's Miracle, but I think vinegar works the best. Good luck.

Jackson Galaxy had a great tip for keeping cats out of your yard. Set up a motion-activated sprinkler near the door. When the cat approaches, it gets sprayed. This should help alleviate your cat's problem. But yes, you do need to clean the peed-on areas thoroughly and add extra litter boxes.