Recently we found a kitten outside my house crying by the front door, the kitten according to the vet is about 3 months

Asked by Member 1011007 on Nov 7th 2010 Tagged newcat, oldcat, introducingcats, newcatoldcat in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

It sounds like you've already done the right thing in taking this kitten to the vet's. Make sure that all the tests for diseases and parasites were also done before you even try to intro this baby to your other cats. This is exactly how I got Izzie. He came to hang from my patio door after being born under my neighbor's deck. If the kitten weighs at least 3 lbs., it can be altered (fixed). I kept Izzie in a large dog cage in my den with a litter box and food/toys plus a "hide box". You can also keep yours in a spare room. After you resident cat(s) show interest in what's in the room, start the intros for short periods and supervised. Expect hissing and growling. The residents are telling the baby that this is their territory, and the baby will listen. Only interfere if the fur flies. Your vet can be an invaluable resource as far as introducing new cats to your resident population. Mine was. They know your cat(s) and can counsel you on what to do and how to do it. Good luck!