Rabies & FVRCP vaccine reactions?

I need quick help. I took my 2 year old cat to the vet today to get his Rabies and FVRCP vaccines. About an hour later he was throwing up food followed by yellow bile and then stopped. I called the vet when the vomiting first happened and they said it could be a reaction to one of the shots and should stop soon if not to bring him back in, but since he stopped I thought everything was fine. Now it's very late and I've come home from dinner to find pink throw up on the floor. After watching him a bit he threw up some more pink liquid and appears to be trying to find a place to lay down, but can't. He'll meow then come lay on my lap for a few seconds then try to readjust only to give up and jump on a chair for a few seconds and gives up and moves to a dozen other spots with the same outcome. He can't get comfortable. He's also breathing faster than normal. It's late and I'm worried. I'm afraid to go to bed without knowing something and I don't have a 24 hour clinic around me.

Asked by Member 1120070 on Jul 10th 2012 Tagged vaccines, pinkvomit, rabies in Vaccinations

Answers

I hope that by now, your cat is either OK or you have taken him back to the vet. Unfortunately, Catster is not able to give out emergency medical treatment, diagnose health issues or prescribe medications. Please post on this page and let us know how he's doing. Hope he's OK.

You should have just taken the cat right back to the vet. It doesn't sound like you actually spoke to the veterinarian with regard to your cat's adverse reaction to the vaccines. Hopefully, by now, your cat is okay.