please help regarding in food for my cat

hi im from india.i have 1year old cat.here in india we dont have much choice of cat foods available.i am feeding royal canin fit32 dry food before royal canin kitten 36.but on internet some sights suggest dry food harmful for cats should be fed only wet foods.i am confused. Please help.is it ok to feed this dry food?here only wet food available is whiskas and royal canin instinctive. No other brand of wet food available here. Other dry foods availabl are hills,me-o, iams, whiskas. Please help me in this.

Asked by Member 1143859 on Dec 5th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

Royal Canin is a great brand and is high quality healthy food for your cat. If it is too expensive for you to buy continually the other brands you listed are good as well, though lower quality. It is better for your cat to have wet food included in their diet, but dry food is perfectly acceptable too. However, if you are only feeding dry food then you need to make sure you read the label on the bag and don't over-feed your kitty because dry food can cause obesity and other health issues if fed in large amounts. Both of the wet food types you listed are great and would be fine for your cat. Good luck!

There's nothing wrong with feeding your cat dry food. I do think that wet food should be fed too. A mix of both is a good idea to make sure that your cat gets all they need. I eat both wet & dry food everyday, plus treats.

Did you try feeding your cat with homemade food? The thing is that according to many reviews (www.pissedconsumer.com dried or canned food is not that good for pets..