Package of discounted Wellness cat food is 1/3 crumbs. What can I do with the crumbs so I can feed them to my cat?

Asking for ideas here. I bought a huge bag of Wellness gluten/wheat free cat food recently for pennies on the dollar. It's really good cat food but turns out that about 1/3 of the bag is crumbs. Now I'm trying to find something to do with the crumbs . A recipe of sorts to make more food or treats out of it. Any ideas

Asked by Member 1130037 on Sep 9th 2012 Tagged food, recipes, treats, frugal in Pet Food

Answers

I'm not aware if pet food has an expiration date on it like human food does, but before you feed it to your kitty, you may want to make sure it's not moldy, stale or beyond the expiration date. I recently purchased a bag of dog food that had gotten damp on the bottom and was moldy. Like the food you pull out of the back of your frig, make sure you smell it first and if it smells "off", it's not a bargain. If all is well, google "cat treats" recipes. You could probably substitute the crumbs for some of the flour. Some of the recipes use broth or stock. When my Golden was ill years ago, I made her small treats that were mixed and baked. I found the recipe on the 'net. I just made them into little balls and kept them in the frig for her.