Our Cooper had his upper canines removed on Tuesday. The vet has put him on a soft diet for 10 days.

He doesn't understand why he can't have his crunchy foot and then his wet food at dinner time. I have moistened his dry food with water - no. tuna water - no. So, forget that. Alternating between his canned food and tuna but today, he didn't want tuna. He's like an old man/woman set in his ways. He's like me! I just want to get thru this with him happy. Cooper is a big cat and maintains a weight of 20 lbs. Not fat. I am giving him something approx. 4x a day but I don't know how long I can keep his interest up. He even wanted soft treats that need to be thrown away they have been in the cabinet too long. I know Tender Vittles weren't great food but would go for it right about now, just to make him happy!

Asked by Member 1191043 on Mar 21st 2014 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Buddha

If he's willing to eat Tender Vittles, I'd feed them to him. After all, it's only a few days before he can eat his dry food again.

Buddha answered on 3/24/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I didn't know that Tender Vittles was even made anymore... we fed that in the 70s to my cat when education about how unhealthy that cat food could be was not common knowledge. Follow your vet's advice. It's only 10 days. You do NOT want your cat to like the wet food, because over time it will rot his teeth and be more expensive for you to feed. You also do not want him chewing or cutting his gums after oral surgery. 10 days will go by quickly, and then dry food it will be again soon! ^_^