non pedigree showing

has anybody heard of showing non pedigree cats? and if so how can i show my cat?

Asked by Member 751251 on Apr 23rd 2009 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I googled "non-pedigree cat show" and came up with more than a few results, but most of them were in the UK. I know that a few rescue groups have "non-pedigree" shows where proud owners can showcase their rescued kitties and I've heard that some of the most beautiful cats can actually be found there. Our friend Chibi or Leila might be able to tell you more about non-pedigree shows as their mom is a breeder. I'm sure they'll be by later to fill us in!

Anastasia *R.I.P*

You might be able to find a local cat show where the cats don't need a pedigree. Alot of people bring their house cats and a judge judges them on temperament, health (if they look healthy) things like that. Its the same as a pedigreed cat show, but only this is dedicated to house cats, tabby cats, mixed breed cats.

Anastasia *R.I.P* answered on 4/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) and The International Cat Association (TICA) are the biggest cat registries and hosts for cat shows in the U.S. Both have a so-called "Household Pet" category in which any non-pedigreed cat can compete, as long as the cat has been spayed or neutered. The judges tend to do more talking with the exhibitors than they do in the other rings, and the cats are judged on health and appearance. Plain old genetic moggies are welcome, as are mixed breeds or purebreds without papers. Look up these two cat registries (my cats are shown with the CFA) and see if there's a cat show coming near you sometime soon.

Here is a link to the TICA website where it explains about showing household pets.
tica.org
At the bottom of the page there is a link to the show calendar so you can see what is going on in your area. I was thinking of going to the one in Ansonia, CT this weekend myself just to check it out and see the cats.

Mickey (Angel Dreamboat #22)

Sent you a p-mail.

Mickey (Angel Dreamboat #22) answered on 4/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer