My youngest cat will pee on me when I am sleeping, so I have had to keep her out of the bedroom. I know she wants in rea

Asked by Member 1163120 on Apr 3rd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

If she hasn't been to the vet yet, she needs to go to make sure she doesn't have a bladder infection. We have a dog who is "incontinent" and I know how unpleasant this can be. If it's a physical or medical issue, the vet can help cure it. Shutting her out of your room when she's used to being in there is stressing her out for sure and probably not helping the issue. If she's peeing while she's sleeping, it's most likely a medical issue and she needs to go the the vet. Make sure she has her own litter box and it's kept VERY clean. You might even want to consider putting on in your room for her. But first you have to rule out any health issues and then go from there.