My youngest cat is an over-eater and my other 3 cats are grazers. How do I keep him from eating too much?

I'm worried he's getting too fat.

Asked by Member 1155130 on Feb 13th 2013 Tagged food, obesity in Food & Nutrition

Answers

KAT

You can control what he eats

KAT answered on 2/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I had a similar problem, and after pondering whether I had the engineering skills to rig up a food platform that would raise or lower based on weight (no, I don't have those skills!), I accidentally hit on a solution when my vet said to switch to wet food. Turns out my fat cat has actually lost considerable weight (2+ lbs) because he very much prefers the wet food, and he basically doesn't graze on the dry food anymore because he's all about waiting for the yummy wet food.

That may or may not work for you, but it's worth a shot, right?

Yes, switching to wet food is definitely the answer. It's much healthier for cats, and you can control how much they get.