My Ragdoll cat swipes the air with both paws. Why?

My Ragdoll is a year old and sometimes while in a sitting position, she will use both paws to swipe the air, like she is reaching for something with both paws, simultaneously. It looks cute but not sure why she does this. She will reach a little higher than her head, almost like she sees something we don't.

Asked by Member 1074382 on Nov 30th 2011 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Lizzie

She very well could be seeing something you aren't. I don't mean souls from the beyond, but dust motes, little no-see-um bugs, cobwebs sailing on a breeze, or even a ray of sunshine or a shadow. Cats will go crazy over a laser light even though it's just a light and not a bird or a rodent. Lizzie will jump straight up in the air and take off across our home so fast she's just a blur. Nothing is chasing her, but she's "pretending" something is. As long as your Ragdoll is healthy and happy, it's nothing to worry about. It's just....well...she's being "a cat".

Lizzie answered on 12/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer