My new kitten has bald spots on her toe and appears to be scabbing. It's also on her back ankle and close to tip of tail

It's really scaring me to tears because it might be too much to afford to fix. She itched at it when she was a baby, she's about 4 weeks now. I pray that it isn't mange. I've already become too attached to her, and don't want anything bad to happen. It doesn't look as bad as when she was about 2-3 weeks, but I'm still worried because I don't think it was bald.

Asked by Member 1108019 on Apr 27th 2012 Tagged bald, hairless, kitten in Skin Problems

Answers

Hate to say it, but she might have ringworm. You should get her to the vet.

Nika

Yes it could be mange or ringworm. Not sure if you have taken her to the vet yet, but a natural product I recommend trying is PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic and non toxic so you can spray it directly onto her bald spots. It will help with any infections and of course the itching/dryness. I would wash the areas well before applying the spray though so you get rid of any gunk. I hope this helps!

Nika answered on 5/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer